Recommended Product

Latest Post

Popular Posts

Nissan Silvia S15

Posted by budiman mohd | 10:12 PM | , | 0 comments »

In many cases in life, you are striving in life to get something that you love. For instance you would actually get a girl that is trust worthy, pretty and hopefully spend a lifetime with you. I am pursuing that special someone and her name is Silvia. Well if I told you Silvia is a girl then this is not the blog you should be reading, I am referring to the Nissan Silvia S15. This is a car that I would like to get due to its looks and what’s under the sleek body frame. I remember a few years back when I was in Australia and a friend of mine owns a S15 2001 model and we were at it in modifying ourselves coz the labour charges was crazily expensive in the land down under. Those were the days when we bought boost gauge and exhaust from Malaysia and carried into the plane just to save a few hundred.

The Nissan Silvia was around for at least 40 years (1964) and in my opinion the Nissan Silvia is the sexiest Nissan ever built. The popularity of the Silvia is basically aligned with the ever-growing popularity of the drifting world.

The Silvia not only has looks but the power is also there and I have tried to drag on one traffic light to another which adds up to a quarter mile and I was pretty scared. My friends 2001 Silvia has around 250 horses with minor mods but unfortunately no match to the Holden Monaro (I will talk about this abomination soon)! The handling to the car needs some getting use to as that was one of the first rear wheel drive cars I have driven, it took me a week to get use to it and it was great at the corners despite its light body frame. To those readers from Adelaide Australia, the place that I use to test the car was the road up the Adelaide hills, scary place but it was trilling.

The engine is a pretty reliable engine as it is basically shared with its Nissan sisters (Nissan Bluebird (Altima), S13) it is still running now after 7 years. Of course there are some problems with the twin cams, as I would think it’s a ware and tare thing. Well I hope to get one Silvia soon, as for now I guess the Nissan Altima SR20DE will do for now.


Production: 1999–2002

Body style: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible (Rare)

Layout: FR layout

Horse Power: 220-250

Engine type: 2.0 L DOHC-I4 (SR20DE) or 2.0 L DOHC Turbo-I4 (SR20DET)

0 comments